About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 17 November 2012

Spain/Morocco 2012: 06 Tangiers

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary..." - Aaron Rose

(Narrow street and colourful buildings)

Day 06: 17 Nov 2012
TANGIERS – FEZ

After breakfast the group had a city tour of Tangiers in the rain. First stop was the Cape Spartel, the most North West point of mainland Africa. Here we had a nice view of the meeting of the Mediterranean and Pacific oceans.

(The lighthouse at Cape Spartel)

The cape is situated at the entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar, 12 km West of Tangiers and rises to a height of 326 m at the top of Jebel Quebir where there is a tower nearer to the end of the cape which serves as a lighthouse. Near Cape Spartel is Spartel Bank, a sunken island hypothesized by some as the location of the legendary island of Atlantis. Below the cape are the Caves of Hercules.

(The Straits of Gibraltar)

Other places of interest visited Included The Kasbah, The Kasbah Museum and Maqam Ibnu Batutta. The Kasbah was built on the highest point in Tangiers and has excellent views out over the Straits of Gibraltar and neighboring Spain. Within its gates lies a large open courtyard, which leads up to the Dar el Makhzen - the Sultan's palace from the 17th century, that now serves as a museum.

(The Kasbah Museum)

The building is decorated with beautifully carved wooden ceilings and a marble courtyard. There is also a museum devoted to Moroccan arts and archeology. The road up to the top of the hill is very steep, but the views are amazing.

(The tomb of Ibn Battouta)

The Tangiers’ old Medina walled city is a lively place. Its alleyways are filled with shops and tea-houses. Tourist trinkets are plentiful here but if you plan to continue traveling in Morocco, you'll find better deals elsewhere.

(The old Medina)

We had a Moroccan lunch while entertained by live musicians. Lunch served was rice and lemon chicken. The restaurant owner allowed us to perform our prayers before we boarded the bus to Fez. The bus drove from Tangiers to Fez through the mountain road with a few stops for toilet breaks and a cup of hot coffee.

(Live performance while we dine)

When we reached Fez, we had to walk quite a distance in the maze of the old medina to reach a Moroccan Restaurant where we had our dinner before proceeded to El-Manzeh Zalagh Hotel for the night.

👈👈 2012: Fez, Morocco

No comments: