About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 38 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until 11 years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 25 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday, 24 February 2005

Richmond, USA 2005 - The Federal Reserves...

"Know when to cry, know when to laugh, know when to be silent..." - Mark Crow

Thursday, February 24, 2005
Policies and Strategies

(The city of Richmond)

We had a leisure breakfast at the Barlowe's Terrace restaurant. Took the hotel shuttle bus to FRB Richmond. The whether was very cold. It was snowing and raining at the same time. I was subjected to tight and thorough security checks. Andrew was already waiting for me at the lobby. Met with Roland at the 23rd floor meeting room and we had serious discussion till noon. Lunch was at the Executive Dining room with Marvin, an interesting young man with lots of ideas, who is also the economic adviser to Greenspan. The vegetarian lunch was delicious and filling. We continued discussion at Roland’s office and had the opportunity to visit the processing room and their workshop where the engineers were in the middle of upgrading the BPS machines. My attachment program ended with a visit to their money museum. They should come and visit our money museum in KL, which, I think is bigger and more interesting. The shuttle bus fetched me after 5 p.m. and later we took a cab to Chesterfield Town to window-shop and later to Sam Miller Restaurant for a lobster dinner, which cost us a fortune. Only tonight, after 5 days of my official duties, we started to plan what we want to do for our holiday and felt so excited about it.

Friday, February 25, 2005
A glimpse of The West Wing

(An Art Exhibition in Richmond)

We checked out of Omni Hotel right after breakfast and took a cab to the train station. The train was delayed for an hour and it was late noon when we reached Washington D.C. After checking in at Capital Hilton Hotel again, we took the Old Town Trolley city tour. As it was the last bus for the day we didn’t have time to hop on and off. At least hubby had the opportunity to visit a few museums including the Air & Space Museum when I was busy with my seminar. During the tour we passed by Washington and Jefferson's monuments and Lincoln Memorial and also the Library of the Congress and Federal Supreme Court and the US Capitol where elected Senators and representatives meet. We ended the tour by viewing from far the world famous White House, home to the American Presidents. We had Japanese dinner at the Union Station and later watched Cursed, a B-grade movie about werewolves, starring Christina Ricci.

(Admiring paintings by local artists)

Saturday, February 26, 2005
A Tale of Winter

(The Washington D.C. Train Station)

We had breakfast in the hotel before we checked out. The snow was still heavy outside but the sun was shining brightly. We took a cab to Washington Dulles Airport. Out flight was delayed. Our plane was made to wait at the runway for almost an hour. But we had ample time to spare at Newark International Airport before our flight to Stockholm. We spent time in the lounge and had light meal. The flight to Stockholm was also delayed but the journey was pleasant as we had the opportunity to taste Malaysian food again on MAS. It was the beginning of our winter holiday. And we were all excited about it. We watched a few in-flight movies and listened to music and catnapped in between meals.

No comments: