About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 15 April 2011

Saudi Arabia 2011: Madinah Al-Munawarah - Our 10th Umrah and Ziarah Trip...

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful..."

Madinah al-Munawarah
Elaf al-Taiyibah Hotel
(15 - 17 April 2011) 

Friday - 15 April 2011
Amman – Madinah

From the Syrian border our POTO group went direct for a Morrocan lunch at Tawaheen Al-Hawa situated in a suburb of Amman. After retrieving the rest of our luggage, we headed to Amman International Airport to catch the 7.15 pm onward flight to Jeddah.

The flight to Jeddah took 2 hours. After immigration and customs clearance, we were greeted by Ustaz Halim. He was our local guide and Mutawwif throughout our visit in Madinah and Makkah.

Saturday - 16 April 2011
Madinah

We boarded the bus for a 5-hour journey to Madinah with one stop at Yaman Restaurant for supper. We reached Madinah and checked-in the Elaf At-Taiyibah Hotel just in time for solat Subuh at Masjid Nabawi.

(Hotel Elaf Al-Taiyibah at the background)

After breakfast we had time to rest in the room until prayer times. After solat Asar, lead by Ustaz Halim, the group went to visit historical places around Masjid Nabawi.

(Entrance to Maqam Rasulullah)

After solat Isya', the ladies were lead by an Ustazah to visit Maqam Rasullullah and Maqam Saidina Abu Bakar and Saidina Othman. At the Raudah, the gardens of Jannah, we recited the selawat and conveyed the salam from family members and friends and performed our solat sunat and recited our doas.

(Inside Masjid Nabawi)

Sunday - 17 April 2011
Madinah

After a hearty breakfast we gathered at the lobby at 7.00 am for the ziarah around Madinah city and visited Masjid Quba’ the first mosque of the muslims, Masjid Qiblatain - the mosque where the qiblat was changed from Baitul-Muqaddis to Kaabah and passed by Masjid Tujuh.

(Masjid Quba')
(Masjid Qiblatain)

We visited Jabal Uhud and Maqam Saidina Hamzah and the Shuhada’ and recited doa for them. On the way back we stopped at Tamar Souk to buy dates and nuts.

(Jabal Uhud)
(Tamar Souk)

After ‘solat Asar, we gathered in the dining hall and recited the tahlil and listened to a short tazkirah by Ustaz Halim.

(Ice-cream kiosk)
(Cakes and donuts for Sara's birthday)

No comments: