About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 20 December 2019

2019 Q8 4ND: 20 Khao Yai - Ratchaburi

“Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success...” - Leigh Mitchell Hodges 

(The Snake Mountain Park, a path leads to a rest area)

Day 20: 20 Dec 2019 (Friday)
Route: Khao Yai - Ratchaburi
Distance: 262km 3:30hrs 

Hotel: Tai-Shan Suites, Ratchaburi 

07:00 - Had breakfast in the hotel room.
07:40 - Started driving towards Ratchaburi trying to avoid the Bangkok traffic.

(Driving out of Khao Yai)
(Choosing the right route avoiding Bangkok)
(Less traffic on this route)

11:00 - Stopped for coffee break at a PTT in Bang Sai along the way

(Stopped for comfort break too)
(A jean shop at the R&R)
(Longer distance, but less traffic)

12:30 - Reached Ratchaburi and drove direct to Hawa Anakin Halal Restaurant for lunch. We had beef soup, daging salai and omelette with rice to fill up hungry tummies

(No translation to this menu)
(Simple lunch but very filling)
(There's a guesthouse next door too)

13.30 - After looking at a few choices of hotels we checked in Tai-Shan Suites for THB800/night.
16:30 - After a short rest, we drove to Khao Ngu Stone Park situated 15km away. Khao Ngu means ‘Snake Mountain' in Thai. This area used to be an old stone mine. Because of environment issue, this place was converted to local park. We stayed there until sunset.

(Driving 10 minutes outside of town)
(A large cobra statue spitting water at the entrance)
(A series of small limestone hills)
(We stayed until sunset)
(A beautiful park for wedding photography)
(A former limestone quarry now flooded with water)
(The bridge across the lake)
(A recommended visit is after 4 pm)
(There's a bat temple somewhere in the area)
(The park is also accessible from another entrance)
(A steep climb to the gazebo)
(Driving back to town passing the ancient pagoda)
(The sunset over Ratchaburi)

18:00 - Lazy to look for halal restaurant, we had peanut butter sandwich for dinner in the hotel room.

(A Japanese owned Hotel)
(The living room area in the suite)

1 comment:

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

GPS Coordinates:
Ratchaburi Tai-Shan Hotel (13.52033, 99.814031)
Hawa Anakin Halal Restaurant (13.52859, 99.82097)
Khao Ngu Stone Park (13.568516, 99.775686)