About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 11 December 2019

2019 Q8 4ND: 11 Thakhek - Vientiane

“Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other...” - Walter Elliot 

(Beautiful sunset on Mekong River)

Day 11: 11 Dec 2019 (Wednesday)
Route: Thakhek - Vientiane
Distance: 341km 5:30hrs
Hotel: Douangdee Hotel, Vientiane 


07:00 - Breakfast of eggs and bread in the hotel room.
07:30 - Checked out and drove towards Vientiane, Laos capital city.

(A popular hotel for tourists)
(A tuk-tuk waiting for passenger)
(Thailand is on the other side of river bank)
(Nice sunny day for a morning walk)
(The river reflects the colour of the blue sky)
(Driving out of Thakhek)
(Stalls selling fruits and salted fish)
(Not much traffic on the road on Highway 8)
(Newly tarmac road)
(Passing through small villages)
(Road works in progress, dusty and bumpy)

09:45 - A brief stop at a PTT gas station in Huenganung.

(Another PTT along Route 13)
(The bigfoot is taking a rest too)
(The bridge crossing the Kading River)

10:45 - To break the journey we stopped at Pak Kading  for coffee break and photo shots of the beautiful view of surrounding area. Pak Kading is the meeting place of rivers. The Nam Kading River comes and joins the Mekong here. There is a wooden hut perched on the river bank serves as a viewpoint of scenic Mekong streams and surrounding area.

(A sleepy town of Pak Kading)
(A small temple up the hill)
(Where Kading and Mekong rivers merged)
(Beautiful scenic view of the Kading River)
(Taking a rest at the viewpoint)
(The bridge and Kading River)
(Historic memorial)
(Continuing our journey to Vientiane)
(Extra hot crispy potato chips)

14:30 - Arrived in Vientiane early and drove around to look for a hotel around the riverfront but were mostly either fully booked or very pricey.

(Patuxay War Monument of Vientiane)

17:00 - Checked in Douangdee Hotel, a little far from town for Kip150,000/night.
17:30 - Drove to the riverfront and parked our vehicle by the river to watch the sunset over the Mekong River.

(Trying to touch the sun)
(A gathering place at the end of the day)

17:45 - Strolled along the night market. Bought a selfie stick to replaced my broken one.

(Night Market Walking Street)
(Handicrafts and local products on display)

18:20 – Had lamb biryani and mee goreng dinner at Nazim Restaurant. The mee goreng was tasteless. Bought banana pancakes from nearby Muslim stall for my hungry tummy.

(Tasteless mee goreng)
(The food court on the reclaimed land)

1 comment:

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

GPS Coordinates:
Douangdee Hotel, Vientiane (17.96867, 102.58931)
Nazim Indian Restaurant, Vientiane (17.96499, 102.602989)