About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 31 December 2019

2019 Travel in Retrospect...

“Roads were made for journeys. All we need is a wheel in our hands and four on the road…”

(Our reliable 4x4Toyota Hi-Lux)

Travelling can be about so much more than just crossing places off our bucket list.

For hubby and I, every travel tale has something special. Travel makes us humble and the experiences are more important than accumulating souvenirs. After my cervical spinal bone operation early this year, we quit riding long distances on our motorcycle and began taking road trips and venturing with our 4x4 instead. Undeniably, riding had provided us the most exciting, relaxing and rewarding experiences of our life all these years but our travel experiences with our 4x4 without doubt, were equally super exciting.

It’s one of the few forms of travel where it’s all about the journey, the places, people and those moments which are hard to describe.


The highlights from our 2019 overseas travels:

01 Saudi Arabia: Madinah – Makkah
02 Oman: Muscat
03 Japan: Tokyo – Yokohama
04 Mongolia: Ulaanbaatar - Terelj National Park - Hustai National Park - Elsen Tasarkhai – Kharkhorin - Ugii Lake
05 Vietnam: Da Nang – Bana Hills – Lang Co Lagoon – Hoi An
06 Thailand: Narathiwat – Patani – Yala - Hatyai - Chumphon - Chon Buri - Phayao - Phitsanulok - Khao Yai - Ratchaburi
07 Cambodia: Koh Kong - Kampot - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - Stung Treng
08 Laos: Pakse - Thakhek - Vientiane - Phonsavan - Luang Prabang - Oudomxay - Huay Xai

No comments: