About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 3 December 2019

2019 Q8 4ND: 03 Chumphon - Chon Buri

“The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time...” – Lady Aberdeen

(The yellow bird is still standing strong)

Day 03: 03 Dec 2019 (Tuesday)
Route: Chumphon - Chon Buri
Distance: 529km 6:55hrs
Hotel: The Zleep Hotel, Chon Buri


07:00 - Breakfast of toasts and fried eggs in the hotel cafe.

(Heavy rain early in the morning)
(A simple breakfast of toasts and eggs)

08.15 - Drove out of Chumphon towards Chon Buri. There was another major accident in the rain.
09:40 - Had a glimpse of the Big Yellow Bird on the way to Prachuap Khiri Khan.

(A major fatal road accident in the rain)

10:10 - Detoured off the main road to Prachuap Khiri Khan to Singkhon Pass at the Thailand/Myanmar border.
10:30 - Off-roading to the Khao Hin Thoen Stone Park. The Park is located to the west of Prachuap Khiri Khan town. There is narrow walkways leading to wide rocky fields. The viewpoint on the mountain top overlooks the view of the city and the sea. A beautiful mosaic stairs lead to the huge Hanging Rocks. A temple in the cave under the hanging rocks is guarded by a skinny priest.

(The only signage to the Hanging Stone Park)
(Is the notice board upside down or downside up?)
(A stroll in the Stone Park)
(Beware of  wild canines)
(Coloured mosaics stairs leading to the hanging rocks)
(The hanging rocks)
(Small path in between huge rocks)
(A spiral stairs to the viewpoint)
(The hanging rocks from the viewpoint)
(A view of the plain from the other side)
(Leaving Thailand/Myanmar border)

13:11 - Reached Restaurant Husna in Cha-am in time for lunch and solat. Packed fried rice and omelette for dinner later.

(Restoran Husna in Cha-am)
(A spread of delicious dishes)
(The prayer room in the restaurant)
(Greeted by a friendly feline)

16:35 - Drove on Rama II tolled highway towards Chon Buri bypassing Bangkok.

(Passing another toll booth)
(Rama II elevated Highway)
(A glimpse of the city of Bangkok)
(Busy traffic heading to Chon Buri)

19:30 - After surveying a few hotels in town, we checked in The Zleep Hotel, a nice cosy boutique hotel for THB700/night.

(A cheap boutique hotel in town)
(Our lodging for the night)

2019 4ND: Hatyai - Chumphon πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰

1 comment:

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

GPS Coordinates:
Khao Hin Thoen Stone Park, Prachuap Khiri Khan (11.79505274, 99.70347318)
The Zleep Hotel, Chon Buri (13.39492, 101.021851)