About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 17 December 2019

2019 Q8 4ND: 17 Phayao - Phitsanulok

“Some days you just have to create your own sunshine…” 

(A rest after the short walk from the restaurant)


Day 17: 17 Dec 2019 (Tuesday)
Route: Phayao - Phitsanulok
Distance: 364km 5:15hrs
Hotel: Golden Grand Hotel, Phitsanulok


07:00 - We had heavy breakfast at the hotel cafe before we checked out.
09:00 - Laundry pick-up was late so started driving out of Phayao a little late.

(Feeling refreshed early in the morning)
(Simple breakfast of toasts and eggs)
(Waiting patiently for our laundry)

13:00 - Stopped for comfort break and lunch at a PTT in Phrae. Drove carefully following the speed limit. There were a few road blocks along the route to Phitsanulok.

(Driving out of Phayao town)
(Eating burger again for lunch)
(Driving on Route 11 to Phitsanulok)
(Major road works for better highways)
(Some mountainous part of the route)
(A three-lane highway, making good time)
(A junction to Phrae)
(Entering Phitsanulok in late afternoon)

15:00 - Arrived in Phitsanulok early and checked in Golden Grand Hotel for THB590 inclusive breakfast. It is a business hotel catering for large tour groups, situated in supreme location in Phitsanulok. Just a few minutes to Nan River and train station. Surrounded by shops, street bazaars, entertainment facilities and some of must-visit attractions, Pakistan Mosque, Phoothachinarat Temple and Wangchan Palace.

Phitsanulok is one of the oldest cities in Thailand. The city is the crossroads of the northern and central areas of the country, was the capital of Thailand for 25 years during the reign of King BorommaTrailokanat of Ayutthaya. Located on the banks of the Nan River, the town was originally a small Khmer outpost known as Song Kwae. Phitsanulok was also a provincial center of the Angkorian Empire during the Angkorian period.

(Driving to our lodging for the night)
(The hotel is near the Pakistan Mosque)
(Colourful elevator doors)
(A popular hotel for tourists)
(The Pakistan Mosque, viewed from our room)

15:30 - Sent the muddy and dusty Bigfoot to the car wash. Later rested in the room until dinner time.

(The Bigfoot needs a good wash)

19:00 - Dinner was at a Muslim Restaurant near the mosque. There are a few halal restaurants in the vicinity.

1 comment:

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

GPS Coordinates:
Golden Grand Hotel, Phitsanulok (16.819776, 100.266212)