About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 14 December 2018

2018 Thailand Year-end Couple Ride: 08 Krabi - Pak Bara

“Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse…” - Thomas Fuller 

(Khao Tanan Cave of Thung Bui Lang)

Day 08: 14 Dec 2018 (Friday)
Route: Krabi – Thung Bu Lang - Pak Bara
Distance: 265km (4:07hrs)
Hotel: Pak Bara Thamalai Resort


(Breakfast at Malaysia Krabi Restaurant)

This morning Fauzilan/CT rode out of Krabi early as they planned to cross the border at Bukit Kayu Hitam and ride back to KL. The rest of us had breakfast at the restaurant near the mosque. After refuelling, we split ways. Ajilong/Sha headed toward Hatyai and will be staying a night in Hatyai. Hayami/Zue will be riding with us to Pak Bara on highway 4 then highway 4064 bypassing the town of Trang.

(Riding out of Ao Nang Beach)
(Buying salted fish at Koh Lanta junction)

On the way to Pak Bara, we detoured to visit the Sunflower Field and Khao Tanan Cave at Thung Bu Lang. The last time we were here was in August and the field was filled with yellow flowered plants but not Sunflower. 

(Thung Bu Lang Sunflower field)
(Khao Tanan at the background)
(Khao Tanan was once under water)
(A simple jetty at the lake surrounding Khao Tanan)
(Limestone caves of Khao Tanan)
(A well in one of the caves)
(The stairs leading to the viewpoint)

When we arrived, the field was barren. According to the gardeners we met, they are clearing the field for re-planting to plan for the flowering season in February and March. Regardless, the surrounding scenery is impressive with the Khao Tanan limestone hill and the lake surrounding it provide impressive backdrop for the landscape. The Khao Tanan cave has a small monastery and a well. The locals from near and far visited the monastery and brought offerings. The caves housed beautiful limestone stalagmites and stalactites. There is a steep staircase along the edge of the hill to a viewpoint where visitors could enjoy the view of the surrounding area from the top. 

(A beautiful sandy beach of Pak Bara)
(Speed boats for island hopping)
(Fishermen boats parking for the evening)
(A beautiful sunset at the horizon)

From Thung Bu Lang we rode direct to Pak Bara and checked-in Thamalai Resort at B700/night with breakfast. We had ample time to shower and pray before we rented two bikes and went for a late lunch at one of the Muslim Seafood Restaurant along the Pak Bara beach. After lunch, the ladies had an hour of full body massage. The men had their massage after we visited the night market and bought light snacks for dinner.

(The night market at Pak Bara Viewpoint)
(Sharing a few scoops of coconut ice-cream)

No comments: