About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 12 December 2018

2018 Thailand Year-end Couple Ride: 06 Samut Songkhram - Chumphon

“And then there is the most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want…” - Randy Komisar 

(A royal visit to Rajabakhti Park)

Day 06: 12 Dec 2018 (Wednesday)
Route: Samut Songkram – Hua Hin – Singkhon Pass - Chumphon
Distance: 416km (6:05hrs)
Hotel: Chumphon Nanaburi Hotel


Outside, the sky looked burnt out, all black char and thick grey ashes, heavy with rain. A promise of a cold and wet ride. Caution required...

We refuelled and had breakfast at a PTT outside of Samut Songkhram town. Carefully, we rode with minimal visibility on highway 35 then highway 4 to Rajabakhti Park in Hua Hin. 

(A morning briefing before the ride)
(Riding in the rain with care)
(Passing through the town of Hua Hin)

Rajabhakti Park is one of Hua Hin’s attractions. It was raining heavily when we arrived at the park but it did not deter us from taking pictures with the giant bronze statues of the great Kings of Thailand from various era in Thai history. The impressive 14 meters giant statues stand in a line against a backdrop of forested hills. Each statue carries a plate with the name of the King and period of reign.

(The majestic bronze statues of the kings)
(Drenched wet in heavy rain)
(A group photo in front of the statues)

From Hua Hin we rode on highway 4 to Prachuap Khiri Khan and detoured to visit Dan Singkhorn Pass about 18km from Prachuap Khiri Khan. Dan Singkhon pass is a Thailand/Myanmar border crossing allowable only for the locals.

In our next trip here, we would like to venture into the Khao Hin Tern Park which lies between Dan Singkorn and Prachuap Khiri Khan, where one could take a hike and see some unusual rock formations.

(A detour to Thailand/Myanmar border)
(The gate to Myanmar)
(The Clock Tower of Dan Singkhon)
(Myanmar Coffee Shop at the border)
(Thanaka beauty products from Myanmar)

From Dan Singkhon we headed south to a new Thap Sake R&R about 40km from Prachuap Khiri Khan. The R&R area is clean, complete with amenities such as toilets, Muslim praying area, food court and bazaar. There are many halal stalls with variety of delicious food to choose from.

(A new R&R area at Thap Sake)
(Ample parking space for cars and buses)
(Eating area for Muslims in blue)
(A Muslim Praying area)
(Well decorated clean toilets)

After lunch we rode direct to Chumphon and checked-in at Nanaburi Hotel at B800/night with complimentary breakfast. Tonight we had dinner at Fareeda Restaurant, a short walking distant from our hotel. After dinner the gang had an hour of strong Thai massage to relief tired muscle for only B200/hr.

No comments: