About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 7 December 2018

2018 Thailand Year-end Couple Ride: 01 KL - Phatthalung

“Traveling has humbled me and has broadened my perspective in so many ways. Traveling has given me a sense of gratefulness for the comforts that I am able to enjoy…” 

(The KeTaM, ready to tayar golek)

Day 01: 7 Dec 2018 (Friday) 
Route: KL – Bukit Kayu Hitam - Phatthalung
Distance: 623km (7:24hrs)
Hotel: Phatthalung Chaikanathani Hotel


For the next ten days I will be skipping my physiotherapy sessions for my frozen shoulder and enjoy the ride.

By 8.30 am we were already at Rawang R&R and met with the rest of the bikers. After breakfast and refueling, eight bikes started riding towards north. Stopped at Simpang Pulai to refuel and a short rest. Bought some giant karipap to eat later as we will be skipping lunch.

(Briefing and reciting of doa before the start of the ride)
(Three of the four lady bikers)
(Cloudy sky and clear traffic)

After refueling full tank at Petronas Changloon, we completed documentations at one of the coffee shops under the bridge and changed some bahts. We expected some delays at the border as there were many cars and motorbikes entering the border through Bukit Kayu Hitam border today.

(Refuel and a short break at Simpang Pulai)

The Thai border clearance took us almost four hours to complete. The backlog was at the custom clearance. Too many vehicles entering Thailand and only a few open counters to attend to the large crowd. As it was almost dark, we decided to have early dinner at Restoran Kak Jah in Danok and performed our prayers there.

(Sweating buckets at the border)
(A large crowd and a very long queue)

We rode direct to Phatthalung, about 151km from Bukit Kayu Hitam. Arrived around 8.00 pm and checked in at Chaikanathani Hotel Phatthalung for B600/night.

No comments: