About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Spain/Morocco 2012: 10 Casablanca - the White House

"No great man ever complains of want of opportunity..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

(The famous Sinatra Cafe)

Day 10: 21 Nov 2012
MARRAKESH – CASABLANCA

Early morning we checked-out of the hotel and headed to Koutoubia Mosque. The mosque is first built in 1147, but demolished since it was not correctly aligned with Mecca. It re-erected and was completed in its present shape in 1199. It has ever since been the landmark of Marrakesh rising up from the low houses and markets around it. Its style is a Almohad, but a good deal of simple Andalucian elements added to it.

(The Koutouba Mosque)

After taking a group photo in front of the mosque, our bus left Marrakesh and headed towards Casablanca. We reached Casablanca in time for lunch at Anfa Ranch Restaurant.

(Anfa Ranch Restaurant)

Casablanca is Morocco's largest city as well as its chief port. The Port of Casablanca is one of the largest artificial ports in the world, and the largest port of North Africa. It is also the primary naval base for the Royal Moroccan Navy. Casablanca is a modern city and beautiful in its own respect.

(A tall glass wall in the mosque)

Casablanca is the setting of the 1942 film of the same name starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. The film has achieved worldwide popularity since then, having also won three Oscars.

(A famous street in Casablanca)

Casablanca is also home to the Hassan II Mosque, designed by the French architect Michel Pinseau. It is situated on a promontory on the Atlantic. The mosque has room for 25,000 worshippers inside, and a further 80,000 can be accommodated in the mosque's courtyard. Its minaret is the world's tallest at 210 meters. The mosque is also the largest in North Africa, and the third largest in the world.

(The view of Hassan II Mosque)
(The archways in the mosque)

We visited the seaside corniche and the Light House and passed by the Justice Court, Mohammed V Square and the Royal Palace. In the evening we were allowed to wonder into the Old Medina for last minute shopping. The Old Medina in Casablanca attracts fewer tourists than the medinas of cities like Fez and Marrakesh.

(The lighthouse by the seaside)

We had dinner at Sinatra Restaurant and later checked-in Anfa Palace Hotel for the night.

(Le Palace D'Anfa Hotel)

👈👈 2012: Betong, Thailand
2012: Marrakesh, Morocco ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: