About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Spain/Morocco 2012: 03 Cardoba/Granada

"If you do not enjoy what you are doing, you will never be good at it..." - Luke Parker

(Waiting for our transport)

Day 03: 14 Nov 2012
CARDOBA – GRANADA

After breakfast we started our journey at 0930 and skipped the tour of Cordoba town and headed direct to Granada and missed visiting the Cathedral and Giralda Tower in Seville.

On the way we stopped at an old train station converted into a cozy R&R for hot drinks and souvenirs. The weather was sunny and the scenery throughout the journey was beautiful and we could see clearly the Sierra Nevada range covered in snow in the background.

(The snow-capped mountains)

We reached Granada around noon but the bus was not allowed to enter the town centre as there was a general strike taking place at the main road. The strike was planned for today, Nov. 14, coinciding with similar work stoppages in Portugal and Greece, to protest government-imposed austerity measures and labor reforms. The general strike was the second in Spain this year. A partially successful stoppage was held on March 29.

(The strike on the main street)

Once the riot vacated the main road and moved to another location, the bus was then able to send us to Corona Granada Hotel. After we checked in, we had packed lunch in the hotel restaurant. The original plan was to have lunch at one Moroccan restaurant but because of the strike, our food was packed and brought to the hotel on foot.

(Dinner at an Indian Restaurant)

We rested well in the afternoon and later walked half a kilometer away for an Indian dinner at Mugha Indian Restaurant. After dinner a few of us took a leisure stroll around the corner and had a cup of Cappuccino on the way back to the hotel.

👈👈 2012: Granada, Spain
2012: Toledo/Cardoba, Spain ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: