About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 8 May 2004

Italy 2004: Isle of Capri - Spirit of a sweet life...

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Boarding a ferry to the Isle of Capri)

A day tour around the isle of Capri, Campania, Italy. Home of the famous Blue Grotto and Mount Solaro. Visit many museums and archaeological sites on this beautiful island.Only 5 Km of sea separate the Capri Island from the Punta Campanella on the tip of Sorrento Peninsula.

(The island viewed from the ferry)

The simple road network runs along the main axis between Capri and Anacapri with few side roads and can only be traveled by local residents; the island has just been declared a pedestrian zone, especially as a means of protecting the countryside. On the other hand, the narrow streets that thread their way through the island's towns are hardly suitable for traffic. The automobiles of non-residents are only allowed on the island off-season.

(Cable car ride on the island)

Charming local towns, extraordinary hospitality as well as excellent, well laid-out tourist facilities open the islands beautiful to its many visitors from all over the world. Capri's popularity with international tourist is due in good part to its rediscovery by some of the world's most famous writers.

(Waiting for the transport at the hotel lobby)

In addiction to its historic, literary and scenic wonders, Capri can be boast of excellent beaches, making it one of the world's leading swimming and climatic resorts.Getting around in this very beautiful island is mainly done on bike of walking, which in the end it works out cheaper on transport.

(The boats in the Marina)

Song of the Sea

Timeless sea breezes,
sea-wind of the night:
you come for no one;
if someone should wake,
he must be prepared
how to survive you.

Timeless sea breezes,
that for aeons have
blown ancient rocks,
you are purest space
coming from afar...

Oh, how a fruit-bearing
fig tree feels your coming
high up in the moonlight.

No comments: