About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 7 March 2016

2016 Tracing the Persian Silk Route...

"Don't underestimate small steps, it is only a small step which gets you closer to where you want to be tomorrow..."


TRACING THE PERSIAN SILK ROUTE
Date: 7 – 21 March 2016
Route: Tehran – Kerman – Yazd – Shiraz – Isfahan – Tabriz

Because of long standing history of coups, espionage, nuclear sanctions and everything else in between, hubby and I decided to join a large Safir tour group to visit Iran. You would be surprised that travelling to Iran is quite safe and Iranians are very friendly and hospitable.

With a 2-weeks packed itinerary, we were on a nomadic state most of the time, moving from one town to another and visited a lot of interesting historical sites of Persian ancient civilization. Many were not exactly that well-trodden and not easily accessible by public transport.

Iran is also an important constituent of the Ancient Silk Road. This trip is our effort in tracing the Ancient Silk Route where international trade was crucial for Sassanid Persians developed basically from the beginning of the century. The branch of imperial road starting in Herat, Afghanistan led northward to Merv and further to Samarkand where that road possibly merged with the Silk Road from China across the oases of Eastern Turkestan.

The area of Asia Minor and Syria was connected with the Silk Road by overland road leading along the Euphrates to the harbors of the Persian Gulf, or by ancient caravan route from Syria across Iran. Even though the modern territory of Iran is only a part of what used to be the vast Sassanid Empire, it still has a number of monuments connected with that international artery.

My travelogue in Iran:

Day 01: KL - Tehran
Day 02: Tehran - Kerman
Day 03: Kerman
Day 04: Kerman - Yazd
Day 05: Yazd - Shiraz
Day 06: Shiraz - Isfahan
Day 07: Isfahan
Day 08: Isfahan - Tehran
Day 09: Tehran - Tabriz
Day 10: Tabriz
Day 11: Tabriz - Tehran
Day 12: Tehran
Day 13: Tehran
Day 14: Tehran - KL

(Imam Khomeini Shrine in Tehran)
(Rayen Citadel in Kerman)
(Zoroastrian Fire Temple in Yazd)
(The Persepolis ruins in Shiraz)
(Iman Khomeini Square in Isfahan)
(The Boroujerdi House in Kashan)
(Colorful landscape from Zanjan to Tabriz)
(Lake Urmia in Tabriz)
(Hujjatul Islam Mosque in Tabriz Bazaar)
(The National Museum of Tehran)

Our next trip will be cruising on the Aegean Sea and islands hopping to a few Greek islands and visiting beautiful towns in Turkey, insya-Allah...

👈👈 2016: KL - Tehran, Iran
2016: Thale Noi Ride ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: