About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 11 August 2018

2018 Bigfoot Beaches of Thailand I - Laem Ta Chi Beach, Pattani

“You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will...” – Stephen King

(Laem Ta Chi Beach)

Date: 11 August 2018 
Route: Soi Sawan Beach – Laem Ta Chi Beach
Hotel: Mutiara Resort, Pattani 

From Soi Sawan Beach we decided to drive to Laem Ta Chi, a beach peninsular in Pattani. This white-sand peninsular extends far into the Gulf of Thailand from Talo-kapo Beach and curves to the west, protecting the entrance to Pattani harbor. At the end of the beach is an open area with a wider view of the sea and the coast of Pattani.

There are several ways to get to Laem Ta Chi. The most direct is by boat from the mouth of Pattani River or from the pier in Yaring, but the trip takes more than an hour. We took the less direct route, but quicker, by driving about 13 km from Pattani to Yaring following a small road across the Yaring canal which leads to the beaches and the very end of the peninsular. There are small Muslim fishing villages on the peninsular. There are also quite a number of resorts along the beach. 

We stayed overnight at the chalet of Mutiara Resort for Baht1,200/night.

(The road leading to the end of the Peninsular)
(A secluded beach resort by the beach)
(Tanjong Budi Resort is not in operation)
(Fishing harbor at the end of the peninsular)
(Direct boat ferry from the mainland)
(A musolla at the tip of the peninsular)
(Another beach resort on the peninsular)
(Cute little chalets of Mutiara Resort)
(Some chalets on the beach front)
(Children taking a dip in the calm sea)
(Fishing boats resting on the beach)
(A beautiful sunset over the horizon)

From Laem Ta Chi beach, we drove towards Sg Golok/Rantau Panjang Thailand/ Malaysia border and crossed the border into Malaysia.

We stayed in Min's Camp in Kubang Krian and had the opportunity to arranged a get together with the old girls and celebrated Ani and Bee's birthday.

No comments: