About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Sunday 20 May 2012

Thailand 2012: Betong (III)

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert Collier

(Puncak Titiwangsa)

On Saturday morning we met with 6 other bikers at BHP Karak for a riding trip to Betong, Thailand. After refuelling, our Vulcan refused to start. We were lucky that some of our bikers' friends were able to diagnose and fix the problem. We started riding at 09:30 using the alternative road to KB via Gua Musang. We had nasi kukus and ayam percik lunch in Gua Musang and refuelled at Bukit Balah.

(Bikers fixing the problem...)
(Riding the alternative Gua Musang winding route...)
(A group shot at the Banjaran Titiwangsa R&R...)

From Jeli we rode across the East West highway and stopped for hot coffee and solat at Puncak Titiwangsa. We refuelled at Pengkalan Hulu then headed to the border and completed immigration clearing by 19:30.

(A swift border clearance...)
(Thai Hotel, comfortable and clean...)

The group checked-in Thai Hotel, had our shower and later walked to a nearby muslim restaurant for dinner. Later at night we had  Thai and oil massage for two in the room @Rm30/hr.

(Local scenes around Betong town...)
(The largest Post Box in the world...)
(Favorite drinks in Betong, air pegaga and 3-layer tea...)

On Sunday, after breakfast of roti telur, we went on foot to the wet market, accessory shop and the Bazaar for last minute shopping. At noon we checked out and rode out for border clearing.

(Clearing immigration checks at the border...) 
(Lunch at R&R Selat Pagar, Grik...)

We stopped for lunch at Selat Pagar R&R and refuelled at Simpang Pulai and had our last stop at R&R Ulu Bernam. It was raining heavily all the way back and we reached our Putramas Apartment after Maghrib, tired but happy...

Route taken: KL - Raub - Sg Koyan - Gua Musang - Jeli - East West Highway - Grik - Pengkalan Hulu - Betong - Pengkalan Hulu - Grik - North/South Highway - KL

Total mileage: 950 km

The bikers gang: Mus/Mun, Din/Yati, Chon, Azim, Hakim and Rozlan

👈👈 2012: Phuket, Thailand 
2012: Sarajevo/KL ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: