About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 22 June 2012

Thailand 2012: Phuket Santai Ride...

"Travelling is physically tiring but mentally refreshing..."

June 22, 2012 - Friday
(KL - Krabi)

(Doing some stretching before the long ride...)

Tayar golek from Sg Buluh R&R with Hj Din & Yati, Zali, Lan, Shanaz, and Azim. Refueled at Rawang R&R and met with 8 other bikers.

(Briefing for the big-bikers...)
(Waiting in line for refueling...)

Refueled at Simpang Pulai and Juru where Chon and Hakim joined the convoy to Changloon, At one Chinese coffee shop in Changloon, we bought motor insurance and changed some baht. Had light breakfast of milo and toast before started riding the winding road of Wang Kelian. It was a hot long process of border clearance at Wang Kelian even though the place was deserted.

(A long and humid wait at the border...)
(Lunch stop at Pak Bara Beach...)
(Opportunity to stretch tired back and legs...)
.
The group rode to Pak Bara beach for a sumptuous nasi goreng and tom yam lunch. The initial plan was to ride direct to Phuket but when we reached Krabi, the other group of big bikers decided to stay a night at J Mansion hotel in Krabi and we followed suit. We had Thai food for dinner and later went for a relaxing full body Massage.

June 23, 2012 - Saturday
(Krabi - Phuket)

(Souvenir t-shirts...)
(A morning stroll along the beach...)

We woke up late and had breakfast at a bistro cafe by the beach. Later we strolled along Au Namg beach for some photo shots. We checked out at noon and 10 of us rode out towards Phuket. The rest will ride out a bit later.

(A group shot and a good rest...)
(At Phuket check point before entering the island...)
.
We reached Phuket around at 3pm and had Mihoon soup lunch at a stall by the mosque. We checked in Boomerang Hotel and rested till 8pm. At night we walked to the shops along the beach and had dinner at one Russian Restaurant.

(A night walk along the beach...)

June 24, 2012 - Sunday
(Phuket - KL)

(A group photo before the ride home...)

We checked out at 9.30 am and had breakfast nasi lauk at a restaurant near the mosque. Today we rode direct to the border with several stops for refueling and refreshments. We reached Danok around 6.00 pm and had a very late lunch or early dinner. Border clearance at Bukit Kayu Hitam was fast and efficient. We stopped at R&R Bukit Merah for drinks and solat and had our last refueling at Simpang Pulai. The group split from there and rode in the rain home. We reached our Sri Putramas apartment around 1.30 am.

(Good companions of disciplined riders...)

Alhamdulillah. Today we rode our first 1000 km. And we broke our own record…

Date: 22 -24 June 2012
Route taken: KL - Spg Pulai - Changloon - Wang Klian - Pak Bara - Krabi - Phuket - Danok - Bkt Kayu Hitam - Bkt Merah - Spg Pulai - KL

Total mileage: 2,060 km

Bikers gang: Mus/Mun, Din/Yati, Chon, Zali, Shanaz, Tawfik, Lan, Hakim + 7 other bikers

👈👈 2012: Koh Lanta, Thailand
2012: Betong, Thailand ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have really asked for a much better blog. You are always at hand to provide excellent information, going straight away to the point for easy understanding of your subscribers. You're really a terrific pro in this arena. Many thanks for remaining there humans like me.

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

Hai,
Am glad that you like my writings...