About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 14 October 2013

2013 KQ2: 04 Chiang Mai

"The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win..."

KEMBARA QURBAN 2


DAY 04: 14 OCT 2013 – MONDAY
CHIANG MAI

We were early and were the first to come down for breakfast. The rest came down later after a restful night sleep. This morning we sent a load-full of laundry to wash.

(Having early breakfast)
(A rest day for the body and mind)
(The motorbikes are resting too...)

While the rest of the gang went to send their bikes for servicing at the nearest Kawasaki Service Center, I stayed in the room to catch a really needed rest and sleep.

(Kawasaki Service Center, Chiang Mai)
(Motorbikes waiting in line)
(The Vulcan, serviced and cleaned)

The family who came by flight will be arriving this morning and their pickup was already arranged. It was late noon when we had our lunch with home made chicken rendang with nasi empit brought specially from Malaysia.

(Gathered in front of the mosque entrance)
(Deep in discussion with the Imam)
(Pictures of the bulls for the Qurban)

On the way back to the hotel we stopped by the mosque and met with the Malay-speaking Imam to settle the qurban and aqiqah activities for tomorrow. While some planned a tour activity for their families, the rest went shopping or indulged in another round of body massage.

(Plenty of Muslim Restaurants around this area)

Chiang Mai is the largest and most culturally significant city in northern Thailand located 700 km north of Bangkok and situated among the highest mountains in the country. The city is along the Ping River, a major tributary of the Chao Phraya River. Chiang Mai is one of the top tourist destinations in Thailand.


(Souvenir shops at the night market)

We had a good nap in the afternoon. Some went with their family for a night safari tour. We indulged in an hour of foot massage while waiting for them to come back from the night safari. We had dinner of sup ekor and later walked through the night market to buy some souvenirs. We noticed that the night market is not as busy as it used to be compared to the last time we were here, many years ago.

Tonight we retired to our room early to rest.

No comments: