About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 38 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until 11 years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 25 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday, 7 November 2013

12 KQ2: Kanchanaburi - Cha'am

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.."


DAY 12 (22 OCT 2013 – TUESDAY)

We woke up quite late and got ready in a hurry. This morning we need to settle the problem with Kathi's bike first. After a heavy breakfast I took a nap in the room while the rest took time to wash their motorbikes while waiting.

(Giving a helping hand to wash the Vulcan)
(Kathi was ready to visit the Service Center)
(Syed still in Pajama, checking on coordinates)
(Chon, Syed and Zaini cleaning dirt from their bikes)

As the workshop opens quite late, Shawal, Kathi and Fadzil rode out first to look for the Service Centre. The rest started riding once we got the gps coordinates but we found out that they could not fix Kathi’s problem at the Service Center in Kanchanaburi and went off to look for another Service Center elsewhere. We decided not to wait while the chains and sprockets were being changed and the rest of the gang started riding towards Cha'am.

(Patiently waiting instruction from Tuan Shawal...)
(A short break under the shade...)
(Riding towards Cha'am passing through sugarcane plantations)

We reached Cha'am early noon and went to a Muslim Restaurant and had lunch there. We pre-ordered the food for the rest of the gang while someone went to settle the hotel rooms booking.

(Depending on signage besides the GPS)
(Riding to the beach front to look for our hotel)

Once we checked in the Cha'am Villa, we rested a while then later sent the dirty clothes to the laundry. As we were staying here for only a night we opted for an express service which cost us nearly double the normal price.

(Hungry bikers, too many dishes, too much too eat)
(As tasty as the last time we came)

The rest of the afternoon we stayed in the room to rest while the rest of the gang went to check out the beach. Cha’am is one of the famous beach resort town in Thailand and there was a lot of activities at the beach front. During our stay in Cha'am we were told not to use the walkie-talkie as there were complaints of cross radio frequencies and we may have problems with the local authorities.

Tonight we had dinner at a seafood restaurant, quite a walking distance from our hotel. After a hearty dinner, a few of us went to indulge in a full body massage.

No comments: