About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 21 October 2013

2013 KQ2: 11 Mae Sariang - Kanchanaburi

"When you make a commitment, you build hope. When you keep it, you build trust..."

KEMBARA QURBAN 2


DAY 11: 21 OCT 2013 – MONDAY
MAE SARIANG - TAK - KANCHANABURI
DISTANCE : 603 KM

We had breakfast of bread and tuna in the room. This morning we started riding early and stopped for refueling. Some of us bought food for breakfast as they did not have time to take theirs earlier.

(Looking to the sky, hoping for a fine sunny day)
(Having Maggie and pizza  for breakfast)

Mae Sariang is a town near the Myanmar border and popular for those wanting to escape the crowds of Pai and Chiang Mai. The route from Mae Sariang to Tak was winding still through hilly terrain but the journey was made easy because of good dry weather and the air was cooler on the mountain. It was easier to the Vulcan as the curves was sweeping and not as sharp as earlier terrain.

(Easy riding around the sweeping corners)
(An emergency stop for toilet break in the bush)

It was sunny and bright when we reached Tak. We had halal pizza and burger lunch from the 7-eleven and performed our prayers at the Amazon.

We continued from Tak to Kanchanaburi and stopped for another round of refueling. While having our refreshment we checked the conditions of our bikes and realized that Kathi's bike had problems with its chain and sprockets. And Juma experienced engine overheating as the fan was not functioning.

(a serene recreational area on the hill)
(Some not so good road condition)

We continued riding to Petchaburi and planned to stay a night there. And we had to stop several times on the way to check the overheating and realized that it was a false alarm. When we reached one hotel the gang unanimously decided to ride on to Kanchanaburi and will visit Kawasaki Service Center tomorrow to check on Kathi’s chain.

When we reached Kanchanaburi, the night market was already closed so we ate whatever we could buy for dinner.

Tonight we stayed the night at Luxury Hotel. It was a boutique hotel, nice and clean and we used to stay a few nights at this hotel the last time we came here.

No comments: