About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 11 November 2014

2014 New Zealand Caravan Trip: 05 Te Anau – Queenstown – Haast

"The more I travelled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.." - Shirley MacLaine

(A cool breezy sunny afternoon by Lake Wanaka)

Day 5: Tuesday, 11 November 2014
Route: Te Anau – Queenstown – Haast

This morning we had toasts, scrambled eggs and peanut butter for breakfast. It was raining heavily when we left the campsite and drove toward Queenstown. The journey was smooth, we stopped at Devil’s Staircase Lookout and a few other places with scenic view and we arrived at Queenstown around noon.

(The colours of Spring)
(Passing through lakes and mountains)
(Devil's Staircase lookout)
(Winding road following the contour of the lake)
(The city of Queenstown by Lake Wakatipu)
(Speedboats for rental)
(Shopping for souvenirs)
(Sumptuous Thai dishes for lunch)

Queenstown is a beautiful and sophisticated Alpine resort town overlooking Lake Wakatipu and backed by the towering rugged snow-capped mountains, the key locations used for the epic trilogy of the movie Lord of the Rings. The city centre was bustling with activities and crowded with tourists. We parked our Caravan by the lakeside and walked a short distance to the pharmacy, money changer and souvenir shops. Later we had lunch at Thai Siam Restaurant for tomyam kung and oyster omelette with rice.

(One for the album)
(The beach of Lake Wakatipu)
(Driving out of the city)

From Queenstown to Wanaka, instead of taking the motorway we took the winding Crowne Range mountainous scenic route passing the Mt. Aspiring National Park. On the way we stopped for coffee break by the lakeside of Lake Wanaka with its breath-taking natural environment with uninterrupted Alpine view.

(Driving on the Motorway)
(Panoramic view from the highland)
(Winding road with switchback corners)
(Driving through a different type of terrain)
(By the beach of Lake Wanaka)
(Snow covered mountain in the background)

From Wanaka we had a brief photo stop at Lake Hawea and drove through the National Park to Haast, a secluded small town situated on the west coast. We spent the night at Haast Beach Holiday Park at NZ$34/night.

Tonight after dinner, we washed our dirty clothes at the communal laundry room.

(Deserted lonely road)
(Caravan Park by the beach

No comments: