About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 15 November 2014

2014 New Zealand Caravan Trip: 09 Akaroa Bay - Christchurch

 "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not..." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

(A walk in Mona Vale Gardens)

Day 9: Saturday, 15 November 2014
Route: Akaroa Bay – Christchurch

We checked out of the Akaroa campsite at 10:00 and drove towards Christchurch Airport to Sudima Hotel and left our luggage there. As we had already booked a room, we will pick the key later after our city tour of Christchurch. We drove to Walrakei Road to Tui and Freedom Campers to return the campervan.

(Waiting for the metro bus)
(A city tour on an antique tourist tram)
(The National Museum of Canterbury)
(A leisurely walk in the park)
(Waiting for the red double decker bus)
(A poster of the city tour)

From Walrakei Road we took a bus to the National Museum where we bought tickets for Christchurch 3.5-hour city tour, the best way to experience Christchurch and it’s rebuilding after the devastating 2011 earthquake.

(A better view from the open top)
(Containers used as offices and shops)
(Buildings destroyed by the earthquake)
(Murals on the wall)
(Restaurants and bistros)
(A beautiful ballerina)
(A badly destroyed church under major restoration)
(A smaller iconic church)
(A work of arts, one of many in town)
(Entrance to Mona Vale Gardens)

Christchurch is the largest city in South Island of New Zealand, and the country’s third most populous urban area. Bordered by hills and the Pacific Ocean, it is situated on the edge of the Canterbury Plains that stretch to the Southern Alps.

 The tour includes the 1-hour Central City Tour on the open top double-decker bus. And after, on a coaster for a further 2.5 hour tour, stopping at Mona Vale Gardens, Sumner Seaside Village and Port Hills for a panoramic view of the Lyttelton Harbour, Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps.

(A lookout point on top of Port Hills)
(A panoramic view of Christchurch)
(Sumner seaside village, cosy and quiet)
(A natural rock cave by the beach)

After the tour, we walked a short distance to the Central Station to board a bus to Sudima Hotel. After collecting the room key and our luggage, we had an early dinner of fish and chips at the hotel restaurant.

(A relaxing stroll in the Botanical Gardens)
(Our lodging for the night)
(A hearty dinner before a good night's sleep)

Tonight we packed our bags and slept early. We will be taking the flight to Auckland very early tomorrow morning and then board the 14:30 flight on MAS to KL.
 
We had a wonderful time but sadly, our holiday is coming to an end.

Kia Ora…

No comments: