About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 27 July 2018

2018 Betong to Hatyai 4x4 Trip: Piyamit Village 5 Tunnel

“We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future...” – Robin S Sharma

(Piyamit Village 5 Tunnel)

Piyamit Village 5 Tunnel

It is located in the area of Khao Nam Khang National Park, approximately 4 kilometers from the Park office. This historic tunnel, also known as Piyamit Village 5, was built to be the safe house for the Communist insurgents for almost 40 years before the party dispersed and became part of Thai Development Participants in 1987.

This man-made tunnel is no doubt an evidence of human struggles strongly powered by communist insurgents showing the real life inside a communist hide-out. This hide-out was dug inside Liang San Mountain, a mountain near the border of Malaysia. Tourists need to go up the 108 staircase before entering the tunnel.

This attraction has become Thailand’s longest man-made tunnel which took two years to complete. There are three separate corridors and three levels deep. The tunnel could accommodate up to 200 persons into several rooms such as conference room, sick bay, radio transmission room, kitchen, firing range and other multi-purpose rooms.

(Road sign to the tunnel along the route)
(Three levels of tunnels)
(The influence of the Chinese community)
(The history of communist insurgence)
(The entrance of the tunnel)
(Khao Nam Khang Historical Tunnel)

No comments: