About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 26 July 2018

2018 Betong to Hatyai 4x4 Trip: Central Mosque of Pattani

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results..." - Willie Nelson

(The Jame Mosque of Pattani)

The Central Mosque of Pattani

Among the five southernmost provinces, Pattani has the highest number of mosques, followed by Narathiwat, Yala, Songkhla, and Satun.

The central mosque in Pattani is recognized as the most beautiful Muslim religious structure in Thailand and is one of the largest. Built in 1954, the construction of this mosque took almost nine years.

The architecture has some similarity to the Taj Mahal of India. It has a large, central dome surrounded by four smaller ones and two minarets. The mosque is a two storey building with a large prayer hall and long corridors. It is fronted by a big pond. The Pattani Central Mosque is located on Yarang Road on the Yarang - Pattani route and is open for religious activity every day.

This beautiful mosque has become a major tourist attraction in the southern border province of Pattani.

(The front facade of the Jame Mosque)
(The large main prayer hall)
(Corridors outside the mosque)
(The two minarets of the mosque)
(A big pond with fountain in front of the mosque)

2018 4x4 Trip - Krue Se Mosque ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: