About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 11 November 2002

Indonesia 2002: Unity in diversity inJakarta...

"It is unwise to be sure of one's own wisdom..." - Mahatma Gandhi

Jakarta, Indonesia
(11 - 13 November 2002)

Jakarta, has changed immeasurably since the days of the Portuguese arrival in 1522. Wide highways have replaced dusty bullock tracks. Skyscrapers have grown where thatched huts once stood. But beautiful examples of the old colonial architecture have been preserved, and in quiet residential neighbourhoods you can still see neat Dutch bungalows with their red-tiled roofs.

(Welcoming drink at the hotel)

Jakarta is home to over 10 million people, Jakarta is always bustling, from the sound of the wheel of government turning to the sight of the economy churning. Skyscrapers, single story residential houses, modern apartment complexes, survivalists shanties - all coexist in this city.

(Port of Tanjung Periok)

Jakarta, the capital, is the largest city. It is located on the north-western coast of the island of Java on Jakarta Bay, at the mouth of the Ciliwung River. Jakarta is also the centre of activities for the whole of Indonesia. There are more than 300 ethnic groups in Indonesia with over 200 languages being spoken. Half the total population are Javanese with the balance being made up largely of Sundanese in West Java, Javanese in Central and East Java, Madurese in East Java and Madura, Balinese, the Coastal Malays, Buginese, Makassarese, and Bataks. Being a big city, Jakarta's population is a composite of many racial strains, including Arab, Indian, Papuan, Dutch and Chinese. But the majority are of Malay origin.

(Getting around in Tuk-Tuk Cha)


It takes only a minute
to get a crush on someone,
an hour to like someone,
and a day to love someone,
but it takes a lifetime
to forget someone.

(Ready to check-out)

No comments: