"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams..." - Oprah Winfrey
Procedure to enter Koh Son and Kawthaung, Myanmar from Ranong, Thailand
1. In Ranong Thailand, the entry to Myanmar is from the Andaman Club Pier. You can leave your vehicle at the secured parking area free of charge.
2. At the Andaman Club Pier, go to the ferry counter and submit your passport for the staff to prepare documentations to be used as border pass or permit to enter Myanmar. The officer will make a photocopy of your passport and attach a two-way ferry tickets to Koh Son, an island at Myanmar border, a half-way point to mainland Myanmar.
3. You can also make a hotel reservation at Andaman Club Resort at Koh Son if you decide to stay a night on the island.
4. At the Thailand Immigration counter, submit your passport for border clearance. They will stamp your passport and collect your arrival/departure white card.
5. After you settled immigration clearance, go to the ferry terminal to board the Andaman Jet Ferry to Koh Son. Keep your passport together with the photocopy of the passport and ferry tickets.
6. Before boarding the ferry, an officer will inspect your documents and collect your ferry ticket. Keep your return ticket together with the photocopy passport. The ferry would take less than 30 minutes to reach the island.
7. Once you reach Koh Son jetty, go to the Myanmar Immigration counter for border clearance. The officer will stamp and retain your passport. A token will be given and this will be used to retrieve back your passport upon departure. You need to go to the next counter to pay B950 for the return ferry tickets and hotel transfers.
8. A van from the Andaman Club Resort will transport you and your luggage to the hotel where you will check-in if you are staying for the night. The room rate is B2900 but you have to pay a refundable deposit of B4000.
9. At the Andaman Club Resort, you can arrange for a half-day tour to Victoria Point or Kawthaung, a town on the southern most part of mainland Myanmar. The tour fee of B450 per person is inclusive of a tour guide, return ferry tickets and transportation to the attractions on the mainland. You have to pay double if there is less than 10 persons in the group.
10. A dedicated tour guide will accompany you on the ferry to mainland Myanmar. The ferry ride will only take 15 minutes. You do not have to submit any documents on arrival at the mainland. On arrival at Kawthaung, a taxi will bring you to places of interests including the King Bayint Naung Memorial, a Buddhist Temple and later an hour of shopping excursion.
11. After the tour, board the ferry back to Koh Son for the night. The Andaman Club Resort is complete with amenities for adults and children. There is a casino, a spa, a beauty salon, adult and children swimming pools, gym and game rooms. There are two restaurants serving buffet as well as ala-carte menu. Room service is also available 24 hours.
12. On departure, at the jetty, go to the Myanmar Immigration counter and present the token to retrieve your passport. The officer will stamp the passport to mark your departure.
13. Board the ferry back to Ranong. On arrival at the jetty, your photocopy passport and return ferry ticket will be collected.
14. Go to the Thailand Immigration counter and present your passport together with the arrival/departure white card. Your passport will be stamped and a copy of the white card will be stapled with your passport.
Note: No visa is needed to enter Myanmar through Ranong.