About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 23 December 2013

2013 Solo Ride: 05 - Krabi

"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together..."

Sunday - 23 Dec 2013
Day 04: Krabi, Thailand

Krabi is on the west coast of southern Thailand at the mouth of the Krabi River where it empties in Phangnga Bay. The town is the capital of Krabi Province. Tourism is an important industry. Facing the Andaman sea, like Phuket, Krabi is subject to a 6-month rainy season between May and November. 

Much of the province has been the seat of several national parks. The top most destinations are Hat Noppharat Thara, Ao Nang, Railay, Ko Phi Phi National Park. Yet over 80 smaller islands such as Koh Lanta, Phi Phi islands - made famous as the ideal location for adventurers, yachtsmen, scuba-divers, snorkelers and day-trippers from Phuket.

(The top floor of Ben Guest House)
(Ao Nang Beach in the morning)

Breakfast was included but it was not ready when we checked-out at 0830. Rode out of town and headed to a muslim warong next to the mosque for a nasi kerabu breakfast.

(Al-Aman Mosque in Krabi)
(Waiting patiently for our nasi kerabu)

By 0900 we rode towards the border with a few stops for refueling and rest. There were a few road blocks but the situation along the highway was calm and normal.

At Bukit Kayu Hitam Immigration Centre the border clearance was smooth and efficient. We had a late lunch at Jo Cendol. Later we stopped at Semanggol R&R for prayers break. We had another refueling and coffee break at Simpang Pulai before we rode direct to KL.

We arrived at our Putramas Apartment around 2100, safe and sound. Alhamdulillah...

Route taken: KL - Phattalung -Ranong - (Koh Son and Victoria Point, Myanmar) - Krabi - KL
Total mileage: 2,632 km

2013: Kawthaung, Myanmar ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: