About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 14 September 2018

2018 Q7 4ND: 04 Cha'am - Trat

"Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination..." - Drake

(Driving on Rama IX Motorway bypassing Bangkok)

Date: 14 Sep 2018 (Friday)
Route: Chaam - Trat
Hotel: Trat Centre Hotel

We had breakfast in the hotel. The Chaam Villa Resort has expanded and took over the next building and caters for bus-loads of tourists.

(We overnight in the old wing of the villa)
(Chaam Beach is empty in the morning)
(Street vendors selling salted fish and local produce)

This morning we drove towards Trat via the Rama IX highway avoiding the normal traffic jam in Southern Bangkok which was fairly bad in the morning. We paid a total of Baht125 for the toll.

(The motorway pass for the tolled highway)
(Escaping the normal traffic of south Bangkok)
(Comfort break at the Motorway R&R)

Before we reached Chanthaburi, we stopped for lunch at Wang Chan Halal Restaurant in Rayong district. After refusing politely an offer to perform our prayer in the restaurant, Mr Daud, the owner of the restaurant helped to show us the direction to the nearest mosque. After lunch we visited and prayed at Wang Chan Mosque about 6 km from the restaurant.

(A Muslim Halal restaurant in Wang Chan)
(Fried Rice and Tomyam Kung for lunch)
(Masjid Nurul Huda of Wang Chan)

It was raining heavily all the way to Trat. It was already dark when we checked in Trat Centre Hotel for Baht650 inclusive breakfast.

No comments: