About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 13 September 2018

2018 Q7 4ND: 03 Phuket - Chaam

"Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations..." - Oliver Goldsmith

(A township at Singkhorn Pass Myanmar border)

Date: 13 Sep 2018 (Thursday)
Route: Phuket - Singkhon Pass - Chaam
Hotel: Chaam Villa Hotel


We had breakfast of Nasi Goreng at Pakcik stall near the masjid. We drove on route 415 and route 401 towards Surat Thani then on route 4 heading towards Chumphon. We stopped to buy a few boxes of salted eggs at Ban Nai Huai. They are from Surat Thani’s Chaiya district where they are famed for their distinctly red yolks and having the right balance of saltiness. Later we stopped for lunch and prayers at Khun Sarai R&R.

(Buying salted eggs from a Muslim stall)
(The colorful millineal eggs)
(As usual, egg rice, soup, ulam and sambal for lunch)
(Khun Sarai R&R near Chumphon)

Before we reached Prachuap Khiri Khan we detoured towards Singkhorn Pass at Thailand /Myanmar border. The Singkhorn Pass is only open for Myanmar and Thai residents travelling either way for up to two days. It connects Mueang Prachap Khiri Khan with a very remote part of Myanmar.

(Making a detour to Singkhorn Pass, Myanmar border)
(A pass across Tenasserim Hill)
(The signage leading to Thailand/Myanmar Border)

This pass is on road 1039, about 14 km from the junction of Route 41. The road on the Burmese side leads to Myeik via Mawdaung and Tanintharyi, and has been recently been repaired. Singkhon Pass has been upgraded in infrastructure, public utilities, urban planning and landscaping.

(Arriving at the border in late afternoon)
(Motorcycle taxis available to transport those with border passes)
(The clock tower at Singkhorn Pass)

From the border we drove direct to Chaam and stayed overnight at Chaam Villa Hotel for Baht500 inclusive breakfast. Tonight we had banana pancake dinner from a Bangla stall near the hotel. It was raining very heavily throughout the night.

No comments: