About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 29 October 2010

Egypt 2010: Day 06 Luxor/Nile Cruise - Valley of the Kings...

"Effort doesn't matter if love is left behind..."

We had our breakfast early and there was a slight confusion on the day's iterinery. But at least we were lucky to have Nasser, an expert in Egypt antiquities to be our guide and enlightened us on ancient histories of interesting places around Luxor. He was one of those involved in the excavation of the latest tomb discovered.

Colossi of Memnon

The Colossi of Memnon (known to locals as el-Colossat, or es-Salamat) are two massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III. the most imposing monument on the West Bank at Luxor.

(Colossi of Memnon)

Valley of The Kings

The Valley of the Kings is a valley in Egypt where for a period of nearly 500 years from the 16th to 11th century BC, tombs were constructed for the kings, including Tutankhamun and Ramesses the Great. We had the opportunity to visit three of the famous tombs.

Queen Hatchepsut Temple

Hatshepsut was an 18th-dynasty pharaoh who was one of the handful of female rulers in Ancient Egypt. Her reign was the longest of all the female pharaohs, and her funerary temple still stands as a tribute to her incredible rise to power.

(Queen Hatchepsut Temple)
(A line of Pharaohs)

Karnak Temple

Although badly ruined, no site in Egypt is more impressive than Karnak. It is the largest temple complex ever built by man. Its ancient name was Ipet-isut, meaning "The Most Select (or Sacred) of Places".

(The Karnak Tempe)
(A row of stone lions)

Luxor Temple

Luxor Temple is among the most beautiful Temples in Egypt. It was known in the New Kingdom period as Ipt-Rsyt, which means the southern shrine.

(Very large column of Luxor Temple)

No comments: