About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 5 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 13: Phnom Penh - Siem Reap

"Joy is not in finishing an activity but in doing it..." - Greg Anderson  

(Angkor Wat Tour packages)

Day 13: 5 Dec 2017 (Tuesday)
Route: Phnom Penh - Siem Reap 
Distance: 320 km
Hotel: Happy Guesthouse, Siem Reap

Started riding out of Phnom Penh city towards Siem Reap. The bike was jerky this morning. Topped up fuel and it was ok again. The jerks were most likely caused by adulterated fuel.

(Drinking Cambodian coffee)
(Clear sky in the morning)
(A brief stop in Kampong Tom)

The journey was smooth all the way. Made a few brief stops to rest. Had to use the hand-phone navigator as the Garmin was not powering up properly.

In Kampung Tom we had cold drinks at one of the stalls along the road. The owner of the stall is an elderly Cambodian man who used to work and owned a rubber plantation in Penang. He could speak Chinese and a little Malay and tried very hard to have a conversation with us in Malay. Reminiscing his younger days in Malaysia and recalling the places he visited brought smiles and laughter. It was nice to know this gentle old man. For a while we feel at home although we are in a foreign place.

Reached Siem Reap early and checked in Happy Guesthouse for USD12/night. Rested the whole afternoon in the room because it was too hot and humid outside. Hired a tuk-tuk for USD5 return trip to Muslim Family Kitchen for dinner.

(Dinner at Family Kitchen)

No comments: