About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Sunday 10 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 18: Pai - Santichon Cultural Village

"Some of nature's most exquisite handiwork is on a miniature scale, as anyone knows who has applied a magnifying glass to a snowflake..." - Rachel Carson

(Santichon Cultural Village of Pai)

Day 18: 10 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 
Route: Pai - Santichon Village
Distance: 15 km
Hotel: Ban Suan Rim Pai (THB700)


Today we rented a bike for Baht150/day to visit some attractions in Pai.

This morning we visited Santichon Cultural Village, located 5 km of the outskirt of Pai town. Santichon is a Yunnan Cultural Village with traditional Chinese clay houses, one of the most popular attractions in Pai. It is a settlement for Hill Tribe people, immigrants from Yunnan and formal Nationalist Chinese soldiers who fled the Chinese Revolution of Mao Tse Tung. 

(The entrance of Santichon Cultural Village)
(No entrance ticket needed to visit the village)
(A beautiful Chinese Princess)
(Spending the whole morning here)
(Vibrant colours of the traditional Chinese costumes)
(A beautiful day for an outing)
(A young couple in traditional costumes)
(A typical mud hut in the Chinese village)
(Mud huts around the lake)
(The bridge across the lake)
(A clear reflections on the blue lake)
(A wooden motorcycle in the village)
(The Castle and the Great Wall)
(A replica of the Great Wall of China)
(Climbing the Great Wall of China)

Later we rode to the Memorial Bridge a historical World War II bridge over Ta-Pai River. This bridge connects the road from Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son. After stopping at some viewpoints of Pai we had lunch at a Muslim Restaurant in Pai town.

Tonight the rest of the Truecolour Bikerz and the JBMC gang arrived in Pai. From tomorrow onwards we will be riding together with them till the end of the trip.

(A photo shot at Coffee-in-Love)

No comments: