About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 4 December 2017

2017 Q6 4NR Day 12: Ho Chi Minh - Phnom Penh

"If you knew the journey beforehand, you'd learn nothing along the way..."

(The busy street of Ho Chi Minh)

Day 12: 4 Dec 2017 (Monday)
Route: Ho Chi Minh – Moc Bai/Bavet - Phnom Penh
Distance: 233 km
Hotel: Boeung Meas Guesthouse, Phnom Penh

During breakfast we packed some croissants, eggs and bananas for our bus trip. After checked out, walked leisurely to the bus terminal. Rested on the bench in the park while waiting for the bus. A hotel staff on a motorbike was looking for us to return my passport. I had carelessly left it on the table in the hotel lobby.

(A heavy breakfast in the hotel)
(A short rest after a long walk)

The Danh Danh bus was on time. The journey to Phnom Penh took more than 6 hours with a few stops on the way. It was already dark and raining heavily when we reached Phnom Penh. A tuk-tuk cost us USD4 from the bus terminal to the hotel. Collected our laundry and had dinner at a nearby halal restaurant.

(Crossing the Vietnam border)
(Crossing the Cambodia border)

Back in the hotel we met with a few bikers from Kelantan. They were planning to cross into Vietnam with their bikes at a smaller border crossing. We shared with them our earlier unsuccessful border crossing experience at the Ha Tien Cambodia/Vietnam border. We shared with them the routing and GPS of hotels and halal restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City.

Late at night, we learned that they too were unsuccessful and had to park their bikes at the border and took a van to Ho Chi Minh instead.

No comments: