About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 9 June 2014

1000 Corners Solo Ride 2014: Day 04 - Mae Hong Son

"When you win say nothing, when you lose, say less..." - Paul Brown

Date: 9 June 2014
Route: Mae Sot - Mae Hong Son
Distance: 395 km

(Mae Sot to Mae Hong Son)
(Arissa Homes, nice compound and ample parking space) 
(Photo shots by the river separating Thailand and Myanmar)
(Commuters crossing the border / A market place)
(The road to Mae Sariang, the better part)
(A quiet country road / A lorry carrying fodder for livestock)
(Hill tribes villages along the route)
(A busy morning market / Daily transport for workers)
(Road constructions to upgrade old ones) 
(Undulating road full of pot holes)
(Workers walking a distant to their farms)
(Uneven road and a stupa on the rock)

(A rugged commuter van from Mae Sot and Mae Sariang)
(A lonely road except for a few herds of cattle)
(Taking a short rest for riders and bike)
(Still a long way to go)
(Continue riding on unpaved road)
(No road sign to lead our way)
(More road constructions ahead of us)
(Riding cautiously using GPS as navigator)
(Road deep in mud and very slippery)
(Entering paved road full of holes)
(Beware of uneven and slippery wet road) 
(Riding with care on loose gravels)
(Better road but still winding uphill)
(More unpaved road conditions)
(Beware of deep watery holes)
(Entering a newly paved road)
(Entering Mae Sariang and taking the correct turn)
(The landmarks of Mae Sariang)
(Visiting the mosque and the hotel we used to stay)
(Refueling at PTT and continue riding towards Mae Hong Son)
(A better road condition)
(A dark cloudy day and a very wet ride)
(The road is still winding and undulating)
(Paddy fields and vegetable farms)
(Careful riding on winding and wet road)
(A short rest from the heavy rain)
(Entering Mae Hong Hong on a dark moody afternoon)
(A nice cozy guesthouse by the lake)
(The view of the lake from our verandah)

👈👈 2014: Pai, Thailand
2014: Mae Sot, Thailand ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: