About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 22 May 2013

2013 The China Silk Road: 01 Guangzhou/Xi’an

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop..." - Confucius

Day 1 – 22 May 2013
KL – GUANGZHOU – XI’AN

We were lucky that we booked the taxi the night before if not it would be difficult to get a taxi very early in the morning. As arranged, the taxi picked us up sharp at 05:00.

(A light traveller)

Our group of 25, led by Ustaz Mohd Abd Latif of Safir Travel and Imam Muda Ashraf, gathered at KLIA 3 hours before our 09:40 flight to Xi’an via Guangzhou. We arrived at Guangzhou around 14:00 and had to rechecked-in our luggage for domestic flight. We performed our prayers at the boarding gate before our onward flight to Xian at 16:25.

(A beautiful sunset at Xi'an Airport)

We arrived in Xi'an around 19:05 and were greeted by Kelvin, the tour guide in Xi'an. The journey from the airport took us almost two hours to reach the city centre because of a massive traffic jam. The first landmark we saw was the spectacular eye-catching Xi'an ancient City Wall by night which stretches around the old city. The City Wall is the most complete and well preserved wall in China and one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world.

(Our first Chinese set meal)

We had dinner at one of the many Muslim restaurants and later checked in the Grand New World Hotel for the night.

(The Grand New World Hotel...)

No comments: