About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 6 April 2013

Thailand 2013 - Hatyai

“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life...” - Mark Twain

(Dark sky all the way to the north...)

The weather is not always perfect for riding but who's complaining...

The bikers gang met at Sungai Buluh R&R around 0630 and started riding around 0700. Met with a few more bikers at Simpang Pulai. A few bikes already crossed the border a day earlier and will be waiting for us in Danok.

Border crossing at Bukit Kayu Hitam was fast. We had lunch at Danok and rode to Hatyai from there, We reached Hatyai early. After checked-in at Grand Plaza Hotel, some of the gang decided to take a tuk-tuk to the floating market and spent an hour watching the crowd. The floating market was crowded with tourists as well as the locals. There were variety of halal food being sold from the boats. There was also a live band entertaining the crowd.

Dinner was sizzling seafood at a restaurant, a walking distance from our hotel. Later we had a round of foot massage and later at night, a full body massage. Teh tarik followed later after midnight at a nearby warung.

The next morning we checked out at noon. After border crossing we had our lunch at Joe Cendul restaurant. On the way to KL, starting from the Kuala Kangsar exit, there was a massive traffic jam caused by a broken-down bus near the Manora tunnel. A biker met with an accident and the rest of us took a break at Mydin Jelapang and waited for him to settle the police report and arrange for transportation to bring the bike back to KL.

It was almost 0200 in morning when we finally split ways and rode back home...

(The gang cramped into a tuk-tuk...)
(Hatyai Floating Market...)
(Checking the directory to get around...)
(A variety of food to choose from...)
(Dinner at a seafood restaurant in Hatyai...)
(Riders checking their bikes...)
(All geared up and ready to ride home...)
(Unfortunate accident near Kuala Kangsar exit...)
(The bikers gang...)

(Date: 6 - 7 April, 2013).
Total Mileage: 1,050 km
Route Taken: KL - Bukit Kayu Hitam - Hatyai
Bikers gang: Mus/Mun, Din/Yati, Munawar/Ros, Fadli/wife, Diami/Ani, Chon, Tawfik, Rozlan, Ayami, Aa'la, Sham and Syed

2013: Singapore 👉👉

No comments: