About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Sunday 12 May 2019

2019 Kembara Ramadhan: Pattani, Thailand

“Live this Ramadan as it is your last one, pray attentively to get higher rank in Jannah...”

(The Central Mosque of Pattani)

Date: 12 May 2019
Hotel: The Room Residence, Pattani
Route: Narathiwat - Pattani

(Wadi Hussein Mosque at Telok Manok)
(I'tikaf in the serene calm atmosphere in the mosque)
(The houses surrounding the old Telok Manok mosque)

Leaving Narathiwat, we stopped at the 394 year old Telok Manok, Wadi Hussein Mosque. After performing our prayers, we met with the locals who were discussing the iftar menu and invited us to join the iftar later today. We politely declined as we were headed to Pattani. This was our second visit to this old mosque. Our 2018 Travel: Wadi Hussein Mosque

(Krue Se Mosque or Masjid Kerisik)
(A sad history of a blood-bathed battle of the Muslims)

Before entering the town of Pattani, we stopped at the controversial bullet riddled Krue Se Mosque for our Zohor/Asar prayers. This mosque is also known as Gresik or Pitu Krue Ban Mosque. The mosque is never actually completed. In this month of Ramadhan, it offers daily iftar and terawih prayers for the locals. We have visited this mosques many times during our travels to Pattani. Our 2018 travel : Krue Se Mosque

(The Pattani Central Mosque)
(The large pool in front of the mosque)
(The mosque transforming into a fairy-tale castle)

The Pattani Central Mosque is considered one of the largest mosque in Thailand. This sixty over years old architectural beauty took seven years to build. We made a brief visit to the mosque in the afternoon, then later in the evening came again for iftar and terawih prayers. After dusk the Pattani Central Mosque was lighted up and transformed into a fairytale like castle. Iftar at the Pattani Central Mosque is provided but only for men. But the AJK Masjid put together an iftar spread specially for us. Jazakallah....

(A spread of delicious dishes for iftar)
(The ladies praying in the Tamar Garden)
(My place in the Muslimat prayer hall)

The huge prayer halls could accommodate thousands of local and visiting worshippers but during Ramadhan the Jemaah would aften overflow to the Tamar Garden and streets. During the 20 rakaat terawih prayers, the ladies prefer to pray in the open in front of the huge pool fronting the Pattani Central Mosque and in the garden under the date palm fronds in the breezy night winds. Our 2018 travel: Pattani Central Mosque

(Masjid As-Solihin in Pattani)
(The riverside in the wee hour in the morning)

We went for Subuh prayers at Masjid As Solihin a short distance away from our lodging at The Room Residence. It is one of the many riverside mosques in Pattani. The close knit community is very friendly, immediately spotting and welcoming us as visitors and made doa for our safe onwards journey. Syukran kathiran...

1 comment:

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

Masjid Wadi Hussein Teluk Manok Narathiwat
(6.484484, 101.656180)

Masjid Kerisik (Krue Se Mosque), Pattani
(6.872999, 101.302799)

The Central Mosque, Pattani
(6.861876, 101.255624)

The Rooms Residence
(6.870150, 101.247662)