About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 31 December 2008

India 2009: 04 Delhi - The Capital City...

"Look at life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror..." - Byrd Baggett

Because of the massive traffic jam we decided not to stop at old Delhi and missed visiting the Red Fort, built in 1648 by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, Jame’ Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India and Qutab Minar built by Qutub-ud-Din Aibek in 1199. We had time to stop for a while at India Gate or War Memorial Arch, the Parliament House and Government Secretariat Buildings and later spent sometime at Gandhi Smriti.

(A painting of the India soldiers)

The India Gate

The India Gate is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate is a prominent landmark in Delhi and commemorates the members of the erstwhile British Indian Army who lost their lives fighting for the Indian Empire in World War I and the Afghan Wars.

(The India gate)

Following India's independence, India Gate became the site of Indian Army's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, known as the Amar Jawan Jyoti.

The Parliament House

To the northwest of Vijay Chowk, this huge circular, colonnaded building comprises three semicircular chambers for the Legislatures and a Central Library crowned by a 27.4 m high dome. It is 173 m in diameter and covers 2.02 hectares in area, with colonnaded verandahs enclosing the entire circumference.

(The Parliament House)

The Gandhi Smriti

Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the Indian Nation, was assassinated by a Hindu fanatic, Nathuram Godse, on 30 January 1948 on the premises of the Birla House as he was coming out into the lawn for a prayer meeting.

(Mahatma gandhi and wife)

The building was turned into a national museum after his death and people from all over the country visit to pay their respects.

(Ghandi's handwriting)

2008: Agra, India ðŸ‘‰

No comments: