About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 27 June 2003

Germany 2003: Rheingau Valley - Narrow gorges, twisted river...

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enogh to know that life is a complex matter..." - Walt Disney

Motorised tour through the wine-growing region of Rheingau and its districts of Kiedrich, Rüdesheim, Assmannshausen and St. Goarshausen, including the legendary Loreley Cliffs. Visits of the Niederwald Memorial and the medieval Eberbach Monastery, which gained fame as the shooting location for the film "Name of the Rose".

(An old castle along the river)

This stretch of the Rhine is the picturesque narrow gorge through which the river twists and turns past ruined castles and the Loreley rocks. Fine Riesling vineyards on steep terraces line the right bank, punctuated by quaint villages. Rüdesheim is beautiful, if sometimes overrun with tourists, while Bingen boasts an 11th-century bridge, Germany's oldest.

(Small boutique towns along the route)

The picturesque Rhine gorge hosts a special recreational cycling day which opens up 70km of highway on both sides of the river for the use of cyclists. Far from an event for hobbyists only, the Sunday on the river draws participants of all ages for leisurely rides in one of Europe's most stunning landscapes.

(Vibrant coloured sun-flowers)
,
I asked the Earth to show me all,
It took my hand, said start with small.
found a worm who dug the earth,
Told me, know the value of your worth.
A blade of grass, one of many,
Taught, be thankful of those around you child,
in case you have not any.

No comments: