About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Friday 6 June 2014

1000 Corners Solo Ride 2014: Day 01 - Surat Thani

"One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day..."

Date: 6 Jun 2014
Route: KL - Surat Thani
Distance: 843 km

(KL - Surat Thani)
(Lunch stop in Changlun / Having slices of sweet pineapple by the road side)
(Pit stop for iced coffee at Amazon Cafe / Riding in the heavy rain)
(Ciggie stop for rider / A short rest for the KTM)
(Intermittent rain / Sunshine along the way)
(Heading towards Surat Thani / Stopped at O' Valley Hotel)
(A nice cozy hotel / Uniquely designed) 
(Spacious hotel room / Hotel restaurant serving Ala carte dishes)
(Soft drinks to quench our thirst / A delicious crispy fish dish)

2 comments:

norick said...

Hi Kak Nong, norick here if u remember.. =)
Is Lee aware of this blog of yours =) ?
I wonder when would i had the chance to travel solo like you do with hubby..
You went thousand corner twice in 3 months !!
Was wondering, do you mind to have a non-muslim couple to follow you when you travelling solo in your future plan? To be honest the chances for us to go is very slim coz we have 4 young kids at home.. so i'm just asking in case there is opportunity =)

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

Hair Norick...

Just noticed your comment. It's not that difficult to ride solo as long as you have a map or a GPs to guide your routing.

We are planning to ride solo to Pattaya soon. Will take almost 2 weeks for that kind of trip...