About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 11 June 2015

Thailand 2015: A Pre-Ramadhan Ride to Koh Samui...

"Take time for all things: great haste makes great waste..." - Benjamin Franklin

(The KTM and the GSA)

Route: KL - Changlun - Koh Samui - Hatyai - KL
Date: 11 - 15 April, 2015
Hotel: Verticolor Hotel

It was the last weekend before Ramadhan. And this is our last ride before the fasting month's hiatus.

The KKB riders gang had initially planed for a ride to Koh Samui but because of last minute commitments of some, the trip was cancelled. Regardless, we went ahead with our plan to ride and Kittwan joined us in Changlun and we rode together to Koh Samui.

We stayed for for two nights on the island, enjoying its serenity and visited some of the attractions. Another night we spent in Hatyai before we rode home. 

(Arriving in Koh Samui in early afternoon) 
(Riding more than 20 km to Chaweng Beach)
(Lunch in front of Bangkok Hospital)
(Our lodging for two nights)
(Delicious banana honey pancakes)
(Colorful and vbrant Verticolor decor)
(The many attractions to visit)
(Beware of buffaloes on the road)
(Masjid Nurul Ehsan in the Malay Fishing Village)
(The grandma and grandpa rock formations)
(The Aquarium and Tiger Zoo)
(A beautiful clean beach of Chaweng)
(By the Big Rock)
(Lamai Beach viewpoint)
(Mus and Kittwan, taking a short rest at Samuang Safari Park)
(One of the attractions, the elephant ride)
(Riding around the island on rented bikes)
(A calm sea, a peaceful view of the pier)
(A roadside bistro for crispy crepes and coffee)
(Taking the Seatran ferry to the mainland)
(The KTM and the GSA waiting in line before boarding)
(A 2-hour ferry ride to Donsak Pier)
(Arriving on the mainland)
(Riding leisurely towards south)
(Spending a night in Hatyai)
(Nasi kerabu breakfast at Salma's before the ride home)

👈👈 2015 Route 12 Solo Ride

No comments: