About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Monday 9 February 2015

Solo Cambodia Ride 2015: Day 04 - Sihanoukville

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young..." - Orison Swett Marden

(Watching tour boats ferrying tourists for islands hopping)

Day 04: 9 February 2015
Route: Koh Kong – Sihanoukville
Distance: 234 km
Hotel: GBT Guesthouse

(Waiting for the tuk-tuk to the bus terminal)
(Boarding the express bus to Sihanoukville, a sea-side resort town)
(Arriving at Sihanoukville after a 4-hour bus ride)
(A pair of golden lions at the round-about in the center of town)

Sihanoukville is also known as Kompong Som. It is a coastal city in Cambodia and the capital city of Sihanoukville province, located at the tip of an elevated peninsular in the Gulf of Thailand. The city is flanked by an almost uninterrupted string of beaches along its entire coastline and coastal marshlands bordering the Ream National Park in the East. 

The city named in honor of former king Norodom Sihanouk, is popular for back-packers. Its many beaches and nearby islands make it Cambodia's premier Seaside resort with steadily rising numbers of tourists.

(Contemplating of going for a day tour)
(Our humble lodging for the night) 
(Ready to explore Sihanoukville on a rented motorbike)

We stayed a night at O’Chheuteal Beach. The beach is a 3.3 km long strip of white sand beach lined with Casuarina and Tamarisk trees, grass umbrellas, rental chairs and around 30 standardized beach huts which serve meals and drinks, some serve also as night-time party spot. The Southern half of the beach remains undeveloped.

(One of the many pristine sandy beaches) 
(A hot sunny day for a snorkeling adventure)
(Tourists boarding a party boat for islands hopping)

No comments: