About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Saturday 7 February 2015

Solo Cambodia Ride 2015: Day 02 - Samut Songkhram

"The greatest evil that can befall a man is that he should come to think ill of himself." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

(A fisherman with his son, checking their catch)

Day 02: 7 February 2015
Route: Surat Thani – Samut Songkhram
Distance: 577 km
Hotel: Smile House Hotel

(After breakfast at Princess Park Hotel, Surat Thani)

Samut Songkhram province is also known as Mae Klong. The name of the province literally means War Ocean. 

We arrived early afternoon in Samut Songkhram and headed towards Amphawa to search for lodging. The floating market area was busy with tourists, local and foreign, and we couldn’t find any guesthouses or hotels nearby so we decided to stay in a small boutique hotel on the main road to the floating market.

(Visiting the famous Amphawa Floating Market)
(Local delicacies on boats)

Amphawa Floating Market is on a bustling canal. Its banks are lined with attractive teak shop-houses that open to the water. Visitors enjoy seafood lunches or dinner that are cooked on boats and handed up to diners on the bank.

Amphawa offers a glimpse of how Bangkok looked when canals outnumbered the roads and people travelled by boat. This is where the Mae Klong River meets the Gulf of Thailand and ancient canals irrigate the region. People still live on the canals but it’s only on the weekends that the market boats come out.

(Preparing for the firefly expedition on the Mae Klong River)

We had an evening boat trip to see Amphawa’s famous fireflies that flit around the canals. The mating insects put on an enchanting show, lighting the trees like Christmas decorations.

2015: KL - Surat Thani ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: