About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Bosnia/Croatia 2012: Bihac - Breathtaking and scenic...

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe..."

(Restaurant Sunce on River Una...)

Day 01: ISTANBUL/TRAVNIK/BIHAC
11/04/2012 (Wednesday)

We checked out of the hotel after breakfast and boarded the bus to Istanbul International Airport by 09;30. Our Turkish Airlines flight to Sarajevo took about 3 hours. When we arrived at Sarajevo Airport we were met by Amila, the local guide and immediately boarded the bus to Bihac via Travnik.

(Lunch at Restaurant Plava Moda Travnik)
(Too cold to eat by the river...)

We stopped in Travnik for a late lunch of chicken and potatoes at Restoran Konova Plava Voda. We performed the solat at a nearby Elci Ibrahim Pesina Medrasah and met a lecturer who once studied in UIA. As we were already 3 hrs behind schedule, we missed visiting Masjid Suleimania in Travnik. Travnik is situated 90 km west of Sarajevo and is the City for the Gabenor of Bosnia from 1697-1850.

(A serene surrounding...)

After Travnik, we headed towards Bihac situated in northern Bosnia along River Una. Bihac is a tourist attraction because of its breathtaking natural surroundings.

(Crystal clear water...)

In Bihac we checked-in the Ada Hotel. And for dinner, we had to walk to a nearby Restaurant Sunce by the riverside.

2012: Istanbul, Turkey ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

2 comments:

Dee said...

Very breathtaking indeed.........enjoying your holiday in uncharted land......lama x jumpa k mun.

Nong (Maimon Mohd Top) said...

Dee,
Take time off and let's have lunch one of these days.

Kak mun dah retire, so i have lots of time on my hand...