About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Turkey 2012: Istanbul - City of minarets...

"Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life..."

(The Blue Mosque...)

ISTANBUL CITY TOUR
10/04/2012 (Tuesday)

Hubby and I joined the Puspanita of Bank Negara for a trip to Bosnia and Croatia with a stop-over in Istanbul for a day.

Our Emirates flight to Istanbul was at 02:00 via Dubai. When we arrived in Dubai around 05:00, we were just in time for subuh prayer. It was a 5-hour transit before we boarded Turkish Airlines at 11:30 for another 4-hour flight to Istanbul.

(Part of the group...)

When we arrived in Istanbul we were greeted by Miss Burju, our local guide and boarded a 40-seater bus for the city tour, which is a little too big for our group of 16.

(Beautiful leather jackets on show...)

We were brought to Kircilar Leather Store for an enlightening fashion show of leather jackets where some of us had the opportunity to model their beautiful expensive jackets. This leather shop is the same shop we visited in 1998 when I bought a leather jacket that cost me USD400.

(The Grand Bazaar...)
(Bright colorful decorative lights...)
(Masks made of leather...)

We visited the Blue Mosque and later went for a shopping spree at Grand Bazaar. Dinner was at one fish restaurant but the menu was lamb kebab instead.

It was late night when we checked-in Grand Harlic Hotel, Istanbul. Tomorrow we will be flying to Sarajevo, Bosnia and will be touring interesting places in Bosnia and Croatia, insyaAllah...

👈👈 2012: Travnic/Bihac, Bosnia
2012: Singapore ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: