About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bosnia/Croatia 2012: Kerciva - A walk in the woods...

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket..."

(Beautiful colors of spring...)

Day 07: MOSTAR/BLAGAJ/KERCIVA WATERFALL/JABLANICA/SARAJEVO
17/04/2012 (Tuesday)

We checked out after breakfast and took the mountain road to Studenci passing through the town of Medugorje, one of the best-known pilgrim destination in the catholic world attracting millions of visitors after the phenomenal sightings of virgin Mary in 1981.

(A long climb to the top of the waterfalls...)
(A nice view from the top...)
( A nice view from the restaurant in the woods...)

Next stop was at Kravice Waterfall, one of the many natural waterfalls landscape in Bosnia situated in Neretva valley in Studenci. The beautiful panoramic view is worth the long cold walk in the woods. We reached the origin of the waterfalls and had a lot of photo shots of the waterfalls from different angles.

(A short rest at the bottom of the falls...)
(Taking cover from the drizzle...)
(A group picture with BNM girls...)

We proceeded to Blagaj, a small town situated by the river Buna 12 km from Mostar, and came to an important place where the source of water for Bosnia and Eastern Europe emerges. The abundant source of water comes from a cave below a gigantic steep rock. Perched on the river bank beneath the steep rock is an old Derwish Tekia Monastery, originating from the 15th century.

(Signage to the many attraction sites...)
(A cave beneath the steep rock...)
(Old Derwish Monastery at the background...)
(Crossing River Buna...)
(A restaurant by the river...)
(Taking a rest by the fire place...)
(This is only the appetizer...)

We had a delicious lunch of pan-fried trout at a restaurant next to the monastery.

On the way back to Sarejevo the bus stopped at Restaurant Zdrav Voda in Jablanica for a taste of barbequed lamb.  Dinner was at Michele Restaurant a short walking distance away from Astra Garni hotel.

👈👈 2012: Sarajevo/KL
2012: Mostar, Bosnia ðŸ‘‰ðŸ‘‰

No comments: