About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Thursday 10 December 2015

2015 Q4 4NR - A long tough journey…

“I would rather own little and see the world than own the world and see little of it…” – Alexander Sattler

(Mini Niagara Falls of Laos)

Date: 10 – 27 December 2015
Route: Malaysia – Thailand - Cambodia – Laos
Total Distance: 7,210 km


Hubby and I love to travel the world. By whatever means…

To travel is to take a journey into ourselves and we realised adventures are the best way to learn. And travelling with friends, old and new, had taught us many life lessons along the road.

We have been participating in the previous three Kembara rides and without fail in December 2015 we again participated in the 4th Kembara Ride lead by Tuan Shawal. The journey took 17 days to complete and covered parts of Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.

The initial participants for this 4th Kembara were 13 persons with 8 motorbikes in total. Bikers who completed this mission were Tuan Shawal, the team leader, Faiyaz, Mat Put, Mus/Mun, MadWan/Effa, Azhar/Fazilah and Nizam/Faiza. Bikers who left the group in Chiang Mai and rode back on their own were Munawar and Rose. Bikers who joined the group in Pai were Haji Din/Yati. And bikers who joined the group in Kanchanaburi were Fauzilan/Siti.

I don’t deny that it was a long tough journey, torturous at times. The more torturous the journey, the more our resolve strengthened. Those who completed, stayed strong and united till the end. Some paths taken were often difficult and sometimes incredibly grueling but at the end of the day we managed to reach our destinations safely together as a team. I always believed that difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations and more often than not I was correct in making that assumptions.

Congratulations to those who succeeded, we made a great team. I pitied those who failed. Without patience, mental strength and perseverance one would not be able to face challenges and complete the mission. A journey, like life, is an adventure. In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take…

I am still compiling my photos and gathering my thoughts. I will be updating this travel blog when I finished tracing back our 4NR journey, insyaAllah...

(Faces of jubilation, photo courtesy of Azhar)

fb Photo Album : 2015 4-Nation Ride 


No comments: