About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Australia 2009: 03 Forster - The Great Lakes lonely pelican...

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit..." - Harry S Truman

This morning we had cereal for breakfast. Lanis Great Lake campsite is located within peaceful natural surroundings where you get sunset and serenity absolutely free. As it was a working day, the campsite was quite empty except for long term tenants who stayed a week or more to enjoy the serene ambiance and wildlife of the Great Lakes.

(The Great Lakes)

The Great Lakes is only a 3 hour drive from Sydney but it seems a world away. The magnificent eastern dividing range forms a backdrop to one of the most dazzling stretches of coast. There are many things to do in the Great Lakes; there are amazing program of events including visiting stunning natural attractions and National Parks. If you are seeking relaxation or craving adrenalin fueled adventure - the Great Lakes is the perfect holiday destination to visit all year round, even in winter!

(A lonely pelican)

We circled the Great Lakes and headed towards Seal Rocks Camping Reserve, passing Booti Booti National Park and a few small beach towns with wide range of accommodations for visitors. Along the way we saw a few kangaroos merrily crossing our path.

(Black rocks on sandy beaches)

Seal Rocks is a fishing village and is accessible by a pleasant drive through Myall Lakes National Park. With great scuba diving, fabulous surf and beach fishing and clear turquoise water, Seal Rocks is an uncrowded natural paradise. One can stroll to the lighthouse and be rewarded with a panoramic view of the coastline. We expected to find a light house at end of the road at Seal Rocks but there was none in sight, most probably we need to access through another road. The spectacular sandy beach is beautifully surrounded by black rocks with stunning blowholes. The site is also famous for its dive with the sharks program and the 1992 whale rescue.

(A holiday camper park)

We drove on and stopped at Hexham for lunch. It was raining dogs and cats during the rest of the drive and the road was slippery. We saw an accident that caused a massive 24 km traffic jam. Our next stop for the night was the Sydney Hills Holiday Park situated at Dural, a suburb of Sydney.

No comments: