About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

My Travel Journal

"There isn't much I haven't shared with you along the road and through it all there'd always be tomorrow's episode" - Elton John

I started traveling around the world since early 80s when I had the opportunity to combine business trips with vacations. Then later when my rezeki is in abundance, there were numerous other trips along the way for vacations, most of the time with hubby and the kids when the timing is right. I have also started to compile the journal and photo-pages covering almost more than 45 years of world wide travel. Some destinations I visited just once, others many times. Many of those places are the obvious famous places people would like to visit but some, the casual traveler doesn't even think to try. I have placed links to my travel at the side bar of my personal page, My Life Reflections, and will be updating them from time to time.

My wish is to continue my travel and complete circumnavigate the globe, insyaAllah…

Wednesday 14 December 2022

2022 Year-end 4x4 Trip: Highlands of Thailand

"Never force anything in your life. Just let it be. If it's meant to be, it will be..." 

(With our reliable Bigfoot on the highlands of Phu Chi Fa)


For our 2022 Year-end 4x4 trip we managed to cover some of the highlands of Thailand. 

There are many mountains in Thailand which offer the most stunning and serene picturesque views. The highlands mountain ranges is the part of the hills extending from the Shan Hills bordering Myanmar to Laos, and the river valleys which cut through them. Many mountains in the country are not important because of their height, but because of their symbolic, cultural and religious significance. Among the well-known Thailand highlands we visited were Phu Thap Berk (1,794 m), Phu Chi Fa (1,442 m), Doi Sa-Ngo (709 m), Doi Ang Khang (1,928 m) and Doi Inthanon (2,565 m).

Along the route we managed to visit several mosques and other tourist attractions in Thailand.

Trip Date: 15 December 2022 - 4 January 2023

Day 01: KL - Hatyai
Day 02: Hatyai - Chumphon
Day 03: Chumphon - Bangkok
Day 04: Bangkok
Day 05: Bangkok - Khon Kaen
Day 06: Khon Kaen - Phu Thap Berk
Day 07: Phu Thap Berk - Uttaradit
Day 08: Uttaradit - Phu Chi Fa
Day 09: Phu Chi Fa - Chiang Rai
Day 10: Chiang Rai - Pai
Day 11: Pai
Day 12: Pai - Mae Hong Son
Day 13: Mae Hong Son - Doi Inthanon
Day 14: Doi Inthanon - Mae Sot
Day 15: Mae Sot - Umphang
Day 16: Umphang - Kamphaeng Phet
Day 17: Kamphaeng Phet - Ratchaburi
Day 18: Ratchaburi - Chumphon
Day 19: Chumphon - Krabi
Day 20: Krabi - Hatyai
Day 21: Hatyai - KL

Total Distance: 5,636 km

(The view of the valley from Phu Thap Berk summit)
(Doi Inthanon, the highest point of Thailand)
(Doi Ang Khang highest camp site)
(Stardoi Cafe at Doi Sa-Ngo)


No comments: